Tuesday, December 25, 2012

All I Want for Christmas


I am not big on observing Christmas, but in the secular sense I can appreciate the spirit of goodwill and family that are part of the Christmas tradition.  I have done my best to show appreciation to my family and friends during the holiday season.  Although it may be a bit self-absorbed, I have taken the time this year to write a wish list of my own for Santa:

1)      Please bring my children the confidence and determination to pursue their dreams with wonderment, creativity, and purpose.

2)      Please grant my friends and family good health and happiness in the coming year.

3)      Please bring my husband a victory for the Oregon Ducks in the Fiesta bowl, redeeming them from their single transgression against Stanford this year.

4)      Please make my daughter invincible on the hard streets of Philadelphia as she ambles from place to place at all hours (much to her mother’s chagrin).

5)      Please protect the century oaks that spread their boughs across my rooftops from the extremes of weather so I do not have to sacrifice their majesty for our safety.

6)      Please help my son to make good decisions (and be financial responsible) as he transitions from the protective college campus to the real world.

7)      Please get my husband to spend less time working and more time enjoying the fruits of his labors.

8)      Please bring me more time with close friends whose company enriches my life.

9)      Please help me find the focus to go back to practicing the piano.

10)   Please teach me to let go of worries and stresses about which I can do nothing.

Best wishes for the Holiday Season to all of Mommadods Nation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment