Saturday, June 23, 2012

One Seventy Five


Roses often grow in red,
Violets shades of blue,
But when paid work overwhelms
What’s a mad blogger to do?

Honoring my commitment
Remains top of my mind--
But I ask you, dear reader,
Not to judge me, this day, unkind.

I woke at dawn this morning
With the very best intentions,
Hoping to finish scribing thoughts
With scant interventions.

A piece I started yesterday
Is proving tough to complete,
What I attempt to make abstract
Comes out far too concrete.

Switching gears, I believed,
Would give me just the boost
To rethink the trajectory
Of what I’ve already produced.

I turned to my client backlog,
To projects from various firms,
What should have been a simple job,
Became a can of worms.

The expertise I’m wont to wield,
Instead revealed my obscurity,
I could not scale the firewall,
Or penetrate security.

Thus trivial pursuit became for me
A technical diversion;
I was unable to help my client out
Without the proper version.

The help desk helped refresh the files,
Double-checked my username,
But in the end it was my Chrome
That could not play the game!

Explorer, I am not a fan,
Nor am I fond of Firefox,
Without firm industry standards,
There can be no building blocks!

I find it quite ironic
That I even have to ask:
Why should I need three browsers
Just to complete a single task?

So back to you, dear readers,
Who endure my lame excuses,
Tomorrow I’ll be back on track,
With minimal abuses.

I value those who read my blog
You honor me with your support,
That’s why this little ditty—
Is a verse of last resort.

Tomorrow's blog:  Time Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment