Saturday, June 16, 2012

I Scream for Ice Cream


True love has always caused me to wax poetic.  I really, really miss ice cream!

I Scream for Ice Cream


A sonnet is reserved to speak of love,

Its form thus structured in iambic beat,

Yet ice cream is the prize I’m dreaming of--

There’s nothing else that I am wont to eat.

The dairy goodness tugs upon my heart,

So worthy of the Bard’s resplendent verse,

Blank canvas for a culinary art,

A true cuisine remarkably diverse.

Tofutti and sorbet are just desserts,

Non-dairy treats I’d rather be dismissing,

Deny me the authentic blend, it hurts;

For coffee ice cream, I’ll be reminiscing.

Beware! These freezer treats bring on brain frost,

But I will take my licks at any cost!

Tomorrow's blog:  A Father's Day Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment